Architectural Design Associate
Tim Barber Ltd. seeks an architectural design associate to join our busy Los Angeles studio. This full-time, entry level position is ideal for candidates with zero (0) - three (3) years of professional experience and an enthusiasm for high-end, custom single family residential design.
- As-built measurements and drafting
- Drafting and detailing of schematic, permit, and construction drawings
- Development of client and government agency design review presentation drawings
- Provide building and zoning code analysis support to project managers
- Assist project managers with city and other government agency permitting processes
- Assist project managers with building consultant coordination
- Maintain timely, accurate, and kind relationships with clients and colleagues
- Keep accurate time sheets
- Support the office manager in answering phones, delivering packages, and facilitating client meetings
- Support one of our libraries, including our Archived Drawings; Materials Library; Resources and Vendors Library; Visual Concept Library; and/or Book and Periodical Library
- Work a project through the design process as part of a team
- Report directly to the project managers
- A five-year architecture degree
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Knowledge of architectural history, preferably North American vernacular styles
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Interest in high-end single family residential design
- Willingness to learn, an upbeat attitude, and the initiative to roll up your sleeves and get your hands (sometimes literally) dirty!
Familiarity with SketchUp and/or BillQuick is preferred, but not required. Candidates must be willing and able to learn new software as needed.
- A salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401K
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Safe, paid parking
We are committed to growing, engaging, and supporting our team, and provide numerous opportunities throughout the year for employees to lead and/or participate in design charrettes; attend educational and industry events; design and conduct relevant group outings; contribute to our blog; give and receive professional feedback; and celebrate career achievements. To promote a healthy work-life balance (and a healthy life, in general!), we also offer flexible scheduling (M-F: 7 am - 4 pm; 8 am - 5 pm; or 9 am - 6 pm) and provide office beverages and snacks.
How to Apply:
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter addressed to Tim Barber, A.I.A., that describes the reasons why you'd be a great fit for this role and our firm.
- Your resume
- Your portfolio (PDF files under 8 MB or a link)
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with our work prior to applying.
If you have any questions about our firm, this position, or your application status, please contact our Media Manager, Katelyn Remington.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or mailed applications, please.
Posted June 5, 2018
Open until filled